Five Favorite Small Kitchens

Sunday, June 1, 2014

If you saw my kitchen reveal in last fall's One Room Challenge, then you already know that I have a small kitchen.


And I think that's a good thing.  Mainly because a small kitchen is efficient.


 Most everything is within arm's reach and clean up is a breeze.


I'm so impressed with the kitchen above.  The more you look at it the more details you'll find.

This kitchen looks like it's in a historic home.  Notice the big windows, the mill work and the floors.  Old houses typically have small kitchens.  I think this is a beautiful update that fits the space and honors the era of the home.

I love this kitchen. The art in those frames and the way it's installed - so right.

Charmer.  That floor. Those baskets. And if I'm not mistaken there's grass cloth behind the shelves.

Have I convinced you, or do your prefer a big kitchen with miles of counter space?

The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to discover the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com

Follow along:   Instagram        Pinterest        Facebook







13 comments:

Thehouseofhampton said...

No need to convince me, I have a very small kitchen and it works. Small can be beautiful and function too. Your collection of photos tells a great story...
Sharon

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Three cheers for us with small kitchens! :)

Vel Criste said...

When we went on vacation last March, we lived in a small condo with a small kitchen, and Kim, I LOVE IT! Your right about accessibility and plus you only have to have WHAT YOU REALLY NEED, none of the potato masher or other gadgets you can live without. Let's face, it the more cabinets you have, the more there is a need to fill them up - it's human nature I guess! ;-) For now thoug with all my kids still in the home, I love my big kitchen, but someday, I would want that easy to clean, functional and practical kitchen too!

Vel Criste said...

When we went on vacation last March, we lived in a small condo with a small kitchen, and Kim, I LOVE IT! Your right about accessibility and plus you only have to have WHAT YOU REALLY NEED, none of the potato masher or other gadgets you can live without. Let's face, it the more cabinets you have, the more there is a need to fill them up - it's human nature I guess! ;-) For now thoug with all my kids still in the home, I love my big kitchen, but someday, I would want that easy to clean, functional and practical kitchen too!

Katy Byrne said...

Great shots! Love the third. That banquette is adorable

www.designsbykaty.com

The Vintique Object said...

I'm also a fan of small kitchens. My favorite kitchen was in a studio apartment -- it was in a sort of alcove and you literally needed not take more than two steps from sink to stove to fridge. Didn't hurt that it was full of charm with glass-front cabinets built in the 20s, wall mounted sink, etc. Do you know what I love most about Michael Penney's kitchen? If you look closely at the cabinets, you can see they had that 80s strip of wood across the top of each door/drawer. He painted it to match and then did some fabulous decorating around it. I think the wallpaper is my favorite. :)

Unknown said...

I love these kitchens and the one with the gallery wall is a dream for me! I am used to alot of counter space, so I don't know if I could go back, but they are charming and cozy. Great images. xo Nancy

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

Great images of small kitchens. I think my fave is the second one. Smaller kitchens are just cozier and warm!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I have had large, very large, small, and very small kitchens, I will have to say the small and very small wee my favorites. Everything is right there.
I love your kitchen, Kim, and I agree with you on the kitchen with the art.
Teresa
xoxo

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I have had large, very large, small, and very small kitchens, I will have to say the small and very small wee my favorites. Everything is right there.
I love your kitchen, Kim, and I agree with you on the kitchen with the art.
Teresa
xoxo

Underoneroof said...

Wow, rally nice designs of kitchens.

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I know i am in the minority here but I love miles of counters. My husband insists on having far too many accoutrements "out" all the time and I need some space to prep food.

Anna Schwab Matthews said...

Love the last kitchen! Do you know where it is from? Thank you!