A Klismos Chair for Every Budget

Friday, June 21, 2013

So about Klismos chairs.  They are lovely and showing up in the most stylish dining rooms.

Interior Design by Jackye Lanham

Design Source Unknown

Don't you think some of the best design elements are described by adjectives that are opposites?  Like Klismos chairs - I would describe them as simple and dramatic.  Or classic and modern.

Interior Design by Thomas Hamel

The Klismos chair has been around since Ancient Greece, but is so right now.

 Antique Klismos chairs can be found, but are out of reach for many budgets.


And so I did a little internet shopping to find a Klismos for every budget.

At the top of the food chain is this beauty from Global Views.  Just north of $1800.

 Zinc Door's Thomas chair comes in a variety of colors and finishes, and is priced in the mid 500's.

This chair is metal and offered up as an outdoor seating option, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it inside.  More good news:  it's currently on sale! $299 - $599, and it's my favorite of the group.



Are you surprised that this chair is from JCPenney?  It's priced at around $250


The West Elm Klismos is comes in white or chocolate and is priced at $239.

Do you have a favorite of this group?  Or another Klismos source to share?

The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services to happy homeowners in Chattanooga, TN. If you'd like to discover the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com












15 comments:

Coulda shoulda woulda said...

They are all lovely but I must say I am impressed with the JC Penny one. I wonder if it might work out cheaper to get a carpenter to just make one from scratch in some cases?

Thehouseofhampton said...

Excellent choices! I think I have an unplanned stop now at Restroation Hardware!
Sharon
@novaraway

Ashley said...

Whhhaaaaaaa? JCP? I tell you, they are really turning things around over there by embracing a modern-but-classic aesthetic. Thanks for the heads-up, Kim!

Unknown said...

I actually like the gold Zinc door chair the best!
Have a wonderful weekend.
xo Nancy

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Beautiful chairs, Kim! They have such personality!
Teresa
xoxo

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

They are so similar to the first dining chairs we had back in the 60's. They were considered Danish Modern...Amazing!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

JCP keeps surprising me! Thanks for the tip!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Its amazing the different prices of this chair...but I do like the most expensive ones the best!

julielorusso@gmail.com said...

we are so on the same page. I love the Klismos too. And just recently picked up 5 of them at a thrift store for just over $100 (total). You'll see them in my dining room in London. :)

My Interior Life said...

I adore Klismos chairs and think I may have done a post about them once. Sigh. I just looked and that JCP chair is on sale now for $175. Hmmmm. So classic and elegant, you can't go wrong. Thanks for this round-up!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Wow, you really did find one for every budget. I really like them painted a color, like the blue one.

charmaine said...

I'm loving the RH one. Great roundup!

pam {simple details} said...

Love them, and the RH is my favorite too!

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

I have been reading your blog and love it! but first time making a comment here ... love these chairs and your round up. I hate to admit it but I am still partial to the antique looking $$ ones. Why is that? always champagne taste on a beer budget!

colleen said...

found the same klismo on my own at JC penney.... really want it white though like in the original picture.... do you think I could paint it and reupholster the seat ot make a copy?
love this post